Mission, Vision, and Values
To be an inclusive, distinguished, and vibrant community of scholars dedicated to
continual enhancements in education, research, and innovation to meet the STE²M
challenges of tomorrow.
New Mexico Tech aspires to be a preeminent community of scholars dedicated to research, education, and innovation – advancing science, technology, engineering, and mathematics – to meet the challenges of tomorrow. We will drive innovation and education through transdisciplinary collaborations.
New Mexico Tech leads education and research in science, technology, engineering,
entrepreneurism, and mathematics (STE²M) for New Mexico.
- We educate a diverse student body in foundational and collaborative student-focused programs.
- We lead by example through life-long learning.
- We forge scientists, engineers, and leaders for the future.
- We serve the public through research, scientific knowledge, economic development, and STE²M outreach benefitting the communities of New Mexico and beyond.
Shared Values (5 E’s):
undertake in fulfilling our mission and in accomplishing our vision.
- Excellence in Teaching, Scholarship, and Integrity: We pursue excellence and distinction in our academic, intellectual, creative, and personal pursuits with the highest integrity.
- Empowering Student Success: We provide engaging and comprehensive educational experiences that facilitate our students' growth, development, and ability to serve their profession, community, and society.
- Entrepreneurial and Innovative: We are creative and innovative problem solvers whose solutions advance disciplines and promote economic impact.
- Engaging the Community: We serve the communities we live in, our professional communities, and the public mission of the institution.
- Equitable, Inclusive, and Collaborative: We all have a stake in and responsibility for NMT’s continual achievement of DEI excellence and in creating an environment where anyone can come and achieve their goals.